| June 25 - Apps are keeping Lilia busy while I pack |
| June 26 - Another novelty for a toddler...hanging out in a playpen |
| June 27 - Why did we even get a double stroller? |
| June 28 - What can I get for you? |
| June 29 - Yum Yum...Ribfest |
| June 30 - What happens while Dad is supervising |
| July 1 - OK so I didn't really take this picture but it was Canada Day and I was busy packing packing packing and forgot to take one LOL |
Project 365 is halfway completed. Go you! My kids like the laundry basket too. Especially when I pull them around the house. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are right...we are half way there...crazy how fast time flies! At least something positive. Nicole rubbed her contact out somewhere this evening while we were out and we lost it. Really puts a damper on a vacation. =(
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear of loosing the contact, especially while on vacation! I now just pre-order contacts knowing that we are going to loose them. I have 1 more left out of 4 and it's only been a few months. Ideally 1 contact should be lasting us up to 9 months, that actually makes me laugh LOL! To answer your question, right now Easton is supposed to be patching half of his wake time. On a good day he gets it in during his am nap, wakes round 10 and then patches till about 5, and somewhere in there he usually takes his pm nap as well. We get about 5-6 hours a day, again on a good day.
ReplyDeleteHi! Yes of course the first time we officially lose the contact is on vacation. I always had a spare at home but before we left her contact ripped so I had to use it and then it was on backorder. She wears a 15 so we had to take a 14 as a spare cause that's all they had. My brother picked up the other 15 when it came in and brought it so technically we had 2 spares. Now just one. Does that make sense? at almost 300 dollars a pop we can't really afford to have more than one spare at a time. I went to the hospital optical place here and they called B&L distributor who said it would take up to 2 months to get one here. =( I guess we hope she doesn't lose another one. We always have her glasses for patching if we have to. Good for you for getting that much patchtime in. We have never been able to. We are happy when we get 3 hrs in. With naps and how fussy she gets in the evening it just never happens. How do you even manage with another infant as well? Does Easton rub out contacts as well?
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I do anything with 2?! LOL, I guess I just do it cuz I know no other way. It was harder when they were really little. At least now I kinda know what to expect out of my day. Easton rubs his eyes when he is tired. He will also rub his patched eye when he is annoyed. Most of the time I can stay on top of watching him... but obviously not every moment of every day. So yes we are averaging a new contact about every month right now. Ours cost about $50 per contact. I can't imagine $300!!! I am also now attempting to put his contact in AWAKE in the morn as soon as he wakes up. So far no luck but I have gotten it in... just not on. IN his eye versus ON his eye are 2 different feats! My hope is that eventually this will just be routine. I am still using his am nap as the back up, when I am unsuccessful in the morning. The goal is to get him used to it by the time he drops his am nap?! Ha. I stop trying when he goes into freak out mode. So far he resists and whines while I try and then when it gets to be too much I just stop all together. It just sucks all the way around! What can I say...
ReplyDeleteAre you using silsofts? I can't wait till the prescription drops and so does the price. Good for you for perservering with the contact. You will get it you'll see! What does your other baby do while you have to fiddle with the contactÉ Oh looks like I screwed up the keyboard again. LOL. What about patching...does he require a lot of attentionÉ That É is a question mark. LOL. It does suck. But they will grow up and we will all wonder what all the fuss was about! Are you on facebookÉ you should add me if you are.
ReplyDeleteWe tried the silsofts but they didn't fit good. When Easton is patching he really isn't that different, thank goodness! When he looses a contact he isn't different either?! That drives me crazy trying to figure that out. He literally can't see and doesn't care?! I will notice him looking at things oddly, or reaching and missing, he might rub his patch... but he doesn't freak out like you think he should. Somehow Azalea seems to always being doing something when the contact drama is going down. Sometimes she is whining in the background but not for too long, usually she is sleeping. This morn I was able to get the contact in when he woke up!!! And Azalea was with Daddy at the time, which helped. I am one of the 2 people left that is not on Facebook. I would add you though if I was! ;) You can always email me if you like... a_mandalyn@yahoo.com I can send you a pic of my 2 lil ones!
ReplyDelete