Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello from Dubrovnik!

 I currently have 2 sleeping kids and a sink full of dishes but I just wanted to say a quick hello! We are basking in the sun here in Dubrovnik.  Four weeks have passed and I don't know where the time has gone! We have less than 2 weeks to go.  Patching has put a damper on many days but you will be proud that only one day has passed that Nicole didn't patch! Woohoo!  Tomorrow we plan to take a break and take a family trip to a local island for a nice day outdoors.  We did lose a lens on an evening out and since then try our best to get it out before we head somewhere.  Anyhow, I guess that's part of this whole package. 
Unfortunately, Nicole has continued with refusing to stay with anyone except me or her dad which is extremely extremely frustrating and exhausting.  It's to the point that if a stranger even talks to her she bursts out crying.  Ugh.  We are hoping she outgrows this stage sooner than later!
I hear a child stirring so I better jump and get those dishes done quickly.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for vacations and patching! Glad to hear you are taking breaks too! I think 1 day off here or there is definitely reasonable. We were at a point as well when we didn't trust the lens and wouldn't go out with it in, just out of fear of loosing it. Thanks for the kind words on my blog, I appreciate your taking the time to even read it while on vacation! ;) Savor your last 2 weeks and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla, did your PO order Nicole a back up pair of glasses? If they haven't yet, it has been a godsend for Austin. We can go out and patch at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda! Always love to read my blogs at the end of a night =)
    Missy...we've had a backup pair since I first started having trouble getting the lens in. However, my little princess refuses to wear sunglasses that we bought so I'm pretty sure the glasses would be flung within seconds. LOL. What are the prescriptions for your lens vs. glasses? Just curious what the difference is. Nicole's lens is +15 and her glasses are +12. We go out at home but here it is just too sunny for her to go out patched. She can't keep her PHPV eye open in sunlight so it's kinda cruel to patch her. =( We stick to indoors and in the shade at home. That's life I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well right now they are the same prescription. +14.25 But when we ordered the glasses he was at +17.25 in his contact lens. So if I would fork out some money for a new backup pair it would be a little bit less. Agreed on the patching outdoors. Poor baby. Glaucoma SUCKS!!! This whole thing does really. Babies are not supposed to have to deal with these issues. PERIOD.

    ReplyDelete