| May 21 - If you look closely you can see some fireworks we were watching.... |
![]() |
| May 22 - Celebrating Victoria Day at Auntie's jumping castle |
![]() |
| May 22 - Daddy and Nicole at the Victoria Day BBQ |
| May 23 - I am determined to get it done! |
![]() |
| May 24 - Throwing pennies in the fountain |
![]() |
| May 25 - Playing with her big cousin...DollarStore has the best crafts! |
| May 26 - Lilia has outgrown the babyswing and graduated to this one! |
| May 27 - Naptime on the couch |




Hello again... to answer your question Easton is 8 months old. I also wanted to refer you to Missy's blog "vision is a gift" because I recently posted a comment that I would like you to see and possibly respond to. Forgive me for not writing it here I simply am trying to save myself from rewriting it again. I know you visit her blog often, she has to read it before posting it though. Thanks, its about patching in public... fun! :)
ReplyDeleteEaston's Mom...(and Missy if you are reading this!)
ReplyDeleteI have tried numerous times to post on Vision is a Gift and for some reason it just won't let me. So here is the comment I had typed up to post there!
Ah what a great question. How to answer people. I can tell you during our glaucoma stress I nearly lost it a few times. It's human nature to be curious and I totally understand that. I probably would look at a patched baby too but people gawked and a few times I asked them if they got a good look. Just last week the guy behind me at mcdonald's said, whoa what's wrong with her eye. And I just said nothing. LOL. When I feel it's rude that's what I say. Otherwise we've just settled on saying her eye is weaker and we are just exercising it. People seem to understand that better without the following thousand questions. I giggle sometimes wondering what they think happened under that patch. I told my husband I had to come up with a really gory unbelievable story to tell those that are a little too nosty (like the guy behind me in line LOL)
I don't know what the problem is. Sorry you are having trouble commenting. I will look into it. Your quilt is going to look AWESOME! People are rude. Some say hurtful things. Like "I bet he is cute without that patch on". Ummm.... OK... I think he is cute with it on. It is hard for me to not say something nasty to them. Like " I bet you would be pretty with a different nose". :) Just one of the nasty thoughts that went through my head.
ReplyDeleteNo Missy, I am having a hard time commenting on my own blog! Some glitch on this computer I am sure! I think I'm going to be a little old lady by the time I get that thing done!! hahaha
ReplyDeleteI was going to say on your last post...don't think your little guy is behind cause of his vision. I felt the same way about Nicole when she didn't do the same things (ie sit) as early as her sister. But you know what? Not only did she sit but she does it better! Never ever falls over like her sister did...and she is flipping like crazy too which the older one never did. They all just do things on their own schedule! =)
Thank you for the suggestions... I am torn between the truth and what is convenient. I told my husband that it might just be easier to say he scratch his eye or something, but I have a hard time not being honest. Telling the story isn't the problem, it's the number of times telling it that drives me crazy. I have had my fair share of rude comments as well. We even get the "oh is he crossed eyed?" comments with the patch off! Mostly it just hurts thinking of what it will be like for him. I just have to believe that if I stay strong, it will teach him how to stay strong.
ReplyDeleteEaston's Mom, I don't know if you have gotten back to my blog lately. But I explained there that my answer is that He had surgery. It is true and usually they move on very quickly. Because people aren't sure what to say after that.
ReplyDelete