Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thankful.

It's been a little while since I've updated on Nicole's progress.  I guess that's a good thing.  No news is good news isn't it?  We have finally seemed to get into a rhythm and Nicole's eye issue really doesn't seem to be much of an issue right now.  I know things probably won't stay so static as time passes but for now we are happy and thankful.  The contact seems to go in pretty smoothly on most days.  I do find that as time is passing Nicole is less likely to lay still for me to get the job done.  Usually in the morning she is so excited and happy that she is laughing away and trying to turn over and definitely not cooperating.  Taking the contact out has never really been an issue.  I wait till she is fast asleep and then pop it out.  Patchtime, ugh.  What more can I say.  She definitely is not impressed when the patch goes on.  She usually fusses and then falls asleep.  It takes 6 hours of the day to get 2 hours of awake time in.  Then when the patch comes off she is super happy.  Did I mention...ugh.  We will be heading to the Clinic in a couple of weeks for a check so we'll see what the docs have to say.
Today has been a solemn day in our city as our fallen police officer Sgt. Ryan Russell was laid to rest.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the brave men and women of our emergency services who are out there everyday taking good care of us.  You are all awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment