Today my baby girl Nicole turned one!!! That's right...an entire year has passed! And what a crazy year it has been. My brave and beautiful little girl has been through so much. I looked back through my little healthpod (best investment ever!) and realized she has had 22 visits to the Eye Clinic at the Hospital for Sick Children. She has had three appointments under sedations. She has had three visits to the operating room. Who knew one little tiny cataract would cause so much fuss. We got through it though and although many tears were shed we look back and have had many wonderful memories too.
Nicole had a wonderful day. Although she still had to patch!
 |
| Really, Mom? I have to patch today!? |
 |
| Yeah! The patch is off!! |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Princess. I love you so very much! |
What a cutie! I thought about that the other day. Will I make Austin patch on hi b-day? I think that I will. But just for the minimum. :) Usually weekdays we go for the maximum and then weekends we do the minimum. A thought I never thought to think before a cataract changed our life. It is crazy how one little tiny thing can change a whole family's life.
ReplyDeleteYayyyy! Happy Birthday to Big Girl Nicole!!!
ReplyDeleteWow I can't imagine adding up all the Dr. Apts. I don't think I even want to know. I didn't realize she has had surgery 3 times already?! So unbelievable what these kids go through, don't even know it, and just keep right on going. Makes me so proud and sad at the same time.
Missy - I was torn about the patching on her birthday but we are having a party this weekend so I knew she wouldn't patch then. She actually had a fantastic patchday. Strangely enough she's tolerating it better so I won't complain!
ReplyDeleteAmanda - Nicole has actually only had the one lensectomy, she did go to the OR for a goniotomy which failed and then she went back for a valve which they realized intraop that she didn't need. Exhausting!